Everyone's favourite Shooter games.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Everyone's favourite Shooter games.

Post by FiresRiot on Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:16 pm

I thought it would be a good idea to get to know what shooter games everyone grew up with or currently enjoying. Discuss what kind of features make a good shooter for you. It will help us add features provided it is realistic. Realistic of course as described by IceNoodleBowl in his thread.

Apart from Realism, I personally enjoyed the first "Call of Duty" and its sequel, "Call of Duty 2", back when Captain Price had his red Beret on. Mind you I enjoyed the "First Call of Duty Modern Warfare" as well but something about the older series, are Nostalgic.

At this time Dead Space's diegetic HUD comes to mind. Having to determine health, and ammunition by the little details on your suit or on the gun. To me, it was a new and clean way of immersing yourself into the game. You would not be distracted by the HUD covering the screen or their flashing indicators. This unique feature made the game more enjoyable and an even scarier experience.

What games did you guys enjoy or possibly did not enjoy because of a particular feature?

Rudolf 

FiresRiot
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Everyone's favourite Shooter games.

Post by Jetcutter on Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:49 pm

Loved Sniper Elite (1), Fairly good representation of a realistic environment, the sequel did nothing for me.
Agreed on the older Call of Duty series, no, not realistic, but immersive as hell. And although it is considered RTS the C&C world has always been a favorite.

Jetcutter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by IceNoodleBowl on Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:36 pm

Before we open the pandora's box, allow me to slip XCOM in laugh

IceNoodleBowl
Admin

View user profile http://projectgreenpage.com

Back to top Go down

Post by vol4ok on Tue May 20, 2014 12:21 pm

Love Cs 1.6 many people hate it but it's skillfull tactical shooter witch is really fun when you learn the game.

vol4ok

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top